Today marks the six-month anniversary of the enactment of health reform.
The following are some of the PPACA changes that are effective September 23, 2010:
- Dependent coverage is now required up to age 26
- Annual benefit limits on “essential benefits" are limited to $750,000
- Lifetime limits are no longer permitted
- Eliminate pre-existing condition exclusions for dependent children (under 19 years of age)
- Discrimination rules for highly compensated individuals now applies to health insurance coverage
- Policy rescissions are only allowed in cases involving fraud