Health "insurance" reform legislation, the Affordable Care Act (ACA), was signed into law March 23, 2010 and provides the most sweeping changes we have seen to health insurance in the United States. Now that the entire ACA has passed constitutional muster by the Supreme Court, small business owners need to familiarize themselves with ACA provisions that directly impact their bottom-line.
Over the next few weeks, we will be revisiting the following frequently asked questions from small businesses regarding ACA.
- What is the summary of benefits and coverage requirement for small business health insurance?
- What is the W2 reporting of health insurance costs requirements for small businesses?
- How do the employer penalties for not offering "affordable" and "qualified" health insurance apply to small businesses?
- How much is the individual penalty for not buying "qualified" health insurance?
- What are my small business health insurance options in 2014?
In the meantime, here's a link to a few posts you will find helpful in answering the above questions: